Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SLOW COOKER LIMA BEANS


LIMA BEANS AND NECK BONES



Not bragging, but these lima beans were just as tasty as they look!  I cook beans a lot I guess because that's what a lot of country folks cooked where I grew up at and from what I understand, they are a great source of fiber and also gives energy and sticks to the stomach as my mother put it.  From my understanding, beans are good for the heart as well as fiber and energy.  These beans will go great with a piece of homemade southern style corn bread!
 
Ingredients
a 16 ounce package of frozen green lima beans
a small package of neck bones
salt and pepper to taste
water, and a small onion
1 teaspoon accent flavor
a crock pot.


Directions
wash of the meat , then meat and beans in crock pot, put enough water in crock pot to cover the meat.  season to taste, cut up the onion and put it all in the pot. let it slow cook on high for one hour check it for tenderness, cut off put when meat and beans are tender. serve warm.





<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13730993/?claim=cndh9fntc93">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by, I will get back with you asap.